The Operations Unit manages the UHR Welcome Center, and is responsible for providing front-line service to Rutgers University employees and the public. Its professional and courteous team members answer phone calls and emails related to UHR. While assisting job applicants and processing many of the forms that employees send to UHR, Operations staff members also print RUconnection Cards for University members.
UHR Service Center
Operations team members are required to:
- Provide front-line information for all walk-in and telephone inquires related to benefits, compensation, employment, and other departmental and university activities
- Respond to inquiries and/or makes determination whether to refer inquiry to other staff or office for resolution
- Explain procedures to public and members of the university community
For more information, please visit the UHR Service Center webpage.
I-9 and E-Verify
The Operations staff, under the direction of the University HR Compliance Coordinator, administers the centralized processing of the Employment I-9 system for new hires to the University. For more information concerning the I-9 Process, please visit UHR's I-9 webpage.
UHR Operations Processing and Assignments
Operations staff members are also responsible for:
- Processing unemployment claim forms by determining circumstances of employee’s separation from the university and providing information to unemployment offices. Maintaining appropriate unemployment records
- Processing temporary disability claims forms by contacting employee’s department for last day worked and last day paid. Requesting per-disability salary from Payroll. Completing claim form and submitting forms to the State Department of Labor in a timely fashion. Maintaining appropriate disability records
- Mailing PERS and ABP compulsory enrollment letters to employees identified by Benefits
- Processing vision care reimbursement claim forms for employees in Rutgers positions in accordance with benefit guidelines. Maintaining appropriate records for the vision care program
- Preparing the room and the folders for the New Employees’ Welcome and Benefits Orientation program
Documents/Forms the Operations Team Processes: