How do I get an RUconnection ID Card?

You must come in person to an RUconnection Card office with a valid and unexpired form of government issued photo ID. (ie. Domestic Driver License (50 state, DC, PR and any other US territory,) US or foreign Passport,  US Military / Armed Forces Identification Card, US Resident Alien Identification Card) and you must forfeit any previous RUconnection IDs.

Do I need a form?

Faculty / Staff

No, in order to receive an RUconnection ID card, new faculty and staff members must have a completed employee record in the PeopleSoft payroll system 3-4 business days prior to requesting an ID card.

Visiting Scholar / Guest / Contactors / Vendors

Yes, needed is the RUconnection Guest ID Card Request Form along with the departments' sponcered role. 

Do I need to update my ID card?

RUConnection Cards will be reissued due to  legal name change or a change in status (new department, change of employment status,ect.). There is no fee, if the current active card is exchanged for an updated one. Data changes must be in effect in the payroll system at the time of issuance.

How long is my card valid for?

The RUconnection card does not have an expiration date. However, once terminated in PeopleSoft (Payroll) or a sponsored role is expired the card will no longer work.

Please do not discard your expired card.

Is there a fee for an RUconnection ID Card?

A $20 fee applies for Visiting Scholars and Guest cards.  Employees will not be charged a fee for first time cards, but may be subject to a $20 replacement fee if a previous card is not forfeited upon renewal, or if a card is lost or stolen.

Please note: the only valid form of payment accepted is exact cash.

What if I lost or my ID was stolen?

If your ID was lost you may have it replaced at the RUconnection Card office, for a $20 replacement fee.  Employee must show a valid form of government issued photo ID.

Please note: only valid form of payment accepted is exact cash.

Where do I get an RUconnection ID Card?

Employees may go to any of the following RUconnection Offices:

New Brunswick:

University Human Resources (848) 932-3020
US Highway 1, New Brunswick 


Photo ID Office (973) 353-1580
Blumenthal Hall,
249 University Ave, 3rd Floor, Newark 


IMPACT BOOTH (856) 225-6211
Camden Campus Center- Main Lobby
326 Penn Street

For more available places please go to ID Card Office Locations.

Please note:* TA/GA get student ID cards, issued in a different location.