Consulting, Staffing, & Compensation
The HR Consultants are available to assist departmental leadership and their units in a wide variety of human resource issues. Each Rutgers-New Brunswick department or unit has a Consultant assigned to it that provides consulting and employment services. HR Consultants understand departmental needs and objectives so they can recommend programs and practices that will support departmental requirements in order to align departments with the universities mission and goals.
HR Consultants assist university organizations in the following ways:
- Advising departments on university policies, procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Assisting with recruitment, orientation and training of staff.
- Providing consultation on job design and structure, reviewing and analyzing classification requests, and making recommendations based upon criteria established for the Classification Review Process.
- Developing and implementing performance management systems that will support your mission.
- Position description development
- Performance appraisals
- Standardized documentation
- Providing solutions to work climate issues.
- Reviewing and proposing changes if appropriate to the organization based on assessment and analysis. Assuring that staff have the requisite skills to assist a department in obtaining its goals.
- Skill levels analysis
- Identification of knowledge base
- Job function analysis
- Reviewing organizational structure. Once a department has identified and defined a structure, the HR Consulting group will help outline and recommend how to achieve desired outcomes.
- Organizational charting
- Job equity across departmental and university lines
- Serving as a referral bridge to other University Human Resources departments and units.
- Serving as a staffing and recruiting advisement and resource.
- Assistance in search committee development
- Advisement on interview skills and practices
- Consultation and referral for training and development programs